Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I Am Pinoy

Am I proud to be Pinoy?That question frequently pops out of my head.I don't even know if there should be something to be proud of as a Pinoy.

With the present situation of our poor Pearl of the Orient,Philippines,it is hard for me to accept that I am a pure Pinoy-blooded gal.It is very much devastating on my part--I suppose for all of us--to hear that our very own government officials who are supposed to work for the betterment of the whole nation are instead busy working on things for the betterment of their own pockets.Don't they know that they're acting like grave criminals who ought to be penalized to death for stealing from the country's treasury?

Another concern is the E-vat.I don't even know what good it brings.It just makes prices skyrocket.Poor people become even poorer and don't have enough even for their food.Prices are soaring high but the salaries remain low.How would a regularly-waged worker survive?

Then here are the rebels who,instead of working hard so the country's economic and political situation will improve are causing trouble.Funds used to eradicate them would have been better utilized if spent on improving these health services in the country.Instead of buying guns and ammunition,the money should be used in purchasing materials for health,putting up additional health centers,and establishing projects.

Our president has done this country wrong.But so far,nothing has resulted but chaos and waste of time.Instead of spending money on destabilization,why don't these people use their money in thinking for better programs and establishing projects that all Filipinos can benefit from?It's no wonder we keep getting poorer each day.Our dept at the World Bank has remained unpaid.Foreign investors wouldn't take a risk in transacting business here because our economic status is low.

Will you still be proud to be Pinoy despite all these things?

Pinoy are world-class people.We excel in a lot of things.Pacquiao beat many foreign boxers,a chief cook working in the White House abroad,lots of workers showing honesty in returning found valuables,a nunber one restaurant ran by a Pinoy in Las Vegas,Lea Salonga,Charice,and other musicians who are celebrated throughout the globe are just a few of the things that we should boast of because we are Pinoys.

Pinoy workers abroad are known and valued for their services.We are longed for our tender and kind service to foreigners.We are known for our dedication and willingness and,of course,our discipline and principles.Pinoy workers are extraordinary one-of-a-kind.We also have this culture and tradition that nobody can imitate.We are known to be hospitable,friendly,loyal,and hardworking.We should be proud of that,I say!I am proud to be Pinoy.Despite all these problems in the country,I can't deny the fact that my blood,my heart,and my mind are truly of  origin.I am proud to be morena.I am proud to be Pinoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment